Friday, April 27, 2007

I've got pictures


Karen's Glove KAL


A nice closeup showing the colors in the Colinette yarn.










I'm working the first (pinkie) finger!




Palm side.


I love these gloves! It'll be hard to give them up when I'm done.



It's been a "sock" month! No pairs yet, just one baby sock and two unmatched "dorm" socks.







New socks: Again, Colinette Jitterbug Velvet (I forget the color). I started these with the diamond lace pattern. When things didn't go well, I frogged and switched to "Eleanore"---more later.







Mittens for Marcie. I've been working on these too long. They're for my daughter in Minnesota. She already has the hat and scarf. Only one thumb to go. When they are ready to ship out, I'll dig out the info on these.

. . . . and waiting in the wings:
From top, clockwise--STR heavyweight in "marbles" (waiting for another colorway) will be fairisle sox.
--Drop Spindle hand dyed rayon chenille tape will become a shrug. --Whatnot yarns hand dyed in fingering weight in "cc wet" for a pair of shorty sox from Interweave's Favorite Socks.
--Whatnot yarns hand dyed sport weight (forget the color). This will be a pair of gauntlets. All of these are due for completion by end of summer. Colors don't really show in this picture, I'll take more as work progresses.


FYI this is a closeup of the rayon chenille tape from the Drop Spindle website. Very interesting stuff. Not yarn, but soft. It's for BIG needles!


I find that knitting is a great way to stay sane. The more I knit, the better I feel--and the better I get at knitting ! I have quite a number of projects on the needles. This keeps me interested and gives my mildly artheritic hands a change of movement.

This year I have made some goals for myself: To knit more sox, work regularly on UFO's and knit MORE stuff for myself. So far I'm staying with all of them and I'm having lots of fun doing it!

3 comments:

knittercritter said...

Hey Sherry,
Thanks for the reply and the interest in the shop. I have been in business for 4 years and specialize in hand dyed, artisan yarns, although of course we have some of the major companies and basics as well. I also do some designing, mostly basic, easy patterns, so can offer these originals. The new location is in a historic building and is a very cozy 2 floor "loft" that has great ambiance. We really enjoy the new location and have some great customers who are very creative. We would love to have you drop in if you are in Bakersfield.
Your "Karen's Gloves" are beautiful! How long have you been knitting? Too bad I could never use those here. I think your ideas of carrying a fiber thru the whole project is a great way to tie it all together, although Colinette kits are beautiful because of the extreme difference in textures-it is a personal choice. Thank goodness for differences! Can't wait to see yours, and everyone else's, choices on the For Me?! KAL.
Karen

C said...

for the gloves, how much yarn did you use of each?

SLO Knitting Guild said...

Cassandra:
It's one skein of the Colinette (100g) and one of the Universal (50g). I bought two skeins of the Universal but I know I won't need it. The Colinette is a wonderful yarn to work with--I've bought three skeins so far. I made a pair of sox for a friend and I am making a pair for myself with it.