Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Recent Doings




I've been very lax with my posting--but, NOT my knitting. Ankle socks are finished for SAM4 October socks. I used Universal Yarn Ditto as the main color and Jawoll cotton blend for the contrast. The inspiration came from "Golf Socks" by Dorothy S. Grubbs in SOCKS, SOCKS, SOCKS. I knitted toe-up with a garter stitch short-row heel on two KP circs (size 2). They are a quick knit--I'm going to use this pattern (and actually follow it) for some yarn I received in the Sock It To Me Sock Swap. Finished another 2 1/2 pair of dorm socks; and work continues on the Plain Vanilla Sweater. I take it to knitting guild--perfect "mindless" project!




I was sooooo spoiled by my upstream pal, Cheryl, in the Sock It To Me Swap! I only managed to get a picure of the socks here. I will try to post more. The pattern is Vog On from Knitty in a beautiful hand dye. They fit perfect. She also showered me with lots of cool stuff! I know I took pictures--but they have slipped into the black hole! I will take more to post at a later time!

I bought yarn for my second pair of gloves. The main yarn is Collinette Jitterbug in Monet; the contrast is Trekking Pro Natura in a soft heathered green. The Jitterbug green was too dark; I thought the Trekking blended with the soft colors of Monet better. Not sure yet when I'll start these.

Keep Knitting, Sherry

No comments: