Friday, July 6, 2007

Completed Projects !

Karen's Gloves KAL gloves are finished! This is one project I really feel good about. I learned a lot doing this one. Here's the vitals: yarn is Colinette Jitterbug (love it!) in toscana colorway and Universal Pace in cream. Less than one skein of each. Needles: KnitPicks Options (2 circs) size 2 up to the fingers and Lantern Moon Sox Stix size 2 for the fingers.
Tomorrow I will deliver them to the Mid-State Fair, along with a pair of sox. I'll know how I do around the end of the month.
The pattern, Hand Painted Gloves by Karen Neal is available from The Studio in Kansas City. http://www.thestudiokc.com/



Clapotis (For Me?! KAL) did not fare so well. It is complete at about 8" short. I finished it, used a BIG PIN and wore it to my H.S. reunion. Got many complements.
A problem I can't see getting around is how "wormy" the chenille part of the yarn is--it's a Drop Spindle hand dyed yarn. I will have to decide if I can live with that BEFORE I decide to frog and re-knit it narrower. Any way, here it is.
This is a Knitty pattern.

No comments: