Tuesday, April 3, 2007

HELLO !








My name is Sherry and I'm a brand new blogger. I do a lot of hand knitting and recently joined a couple of Knit-a-longs. This has encouragead me to try my hand at blogging. I hope you find what I have to say of interest.
The first KAL I joined is the Sock A Month3 KAL. My main reason for joining is to stay with my goal of knitting more socks. I knit two pair last year--my first since w-a-a-a-y back in the last millenium. In January I knit a pair for my sister to match the sweater I made for her birthday. I used Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. That project convinced me that I really did like knitting socks.

So here's the sweater and socks. The pics don't show it, but they really do match!

The sweater is a top down cardi with seed stitch border on sleeves, sweater bottom and button bands. I used some of the pewter clasps from Patternworks for the closure.

The socks are the Chevron design.



So, NOW, I've got a calendar full of projects planned for the next six months! Another goal is to work on at least one UFO during each month--or if not work on it, decide on a better life for it!

Of course then there are all the new projects I want to start. So, for now, here are my "March Socks." They are also from Sensational Knitted Socks, the Waterfall Rib. I used Collinette's new Jitterbug fingering weight. I loved working with that yarn! The colorway is Marble.
I'll post more tomorrow--some WIP's.

No comments: